Nano Ether futures are now available at NinjaTrader to trade commission-free* with no market data fees and only $25 day trading margins. Futures traders now have two nano-sized futures products representing the two most popular cryptocurrencies available: Bitcoin and Ether.
Officially launched Monday, August 29th, 2022, Nano Ether futures make it easier than ever before for retail traders and crypto HODL’ers to experience the benefits of futures in exciting marketplace.
Why Crypto Traders Are Excited About Nano Ether Futures
- Contracts specifically designed for the individual trader. Many products can be expensive to trade and are not “right-sized” for self-directed traders. Nano Ether futures, however, were designed with the individual trader in mind. At just 1/10th the size of one Ether, this innovative contract provides a cost-efficient way to get into the crypto futures market with significantly reduced financial risk.
- You want to be a trader? Then be a real trader. The price of Ether goes up and goes down… no different than anything else you might trade. If you are always and only going long on Ether– & unable to easily short Ether when you think the price might be dropping — then you’re missing out on half the trading opportunities. Nano Ether futures allows you to quickly and easily short the market based on your view of impending price action. Oh, and no $25,000 day-trading balance requirements, no uptick rule and no short-selling restrictions apply to futures… unlike with some other asset classes.
- Futures traders know about hedging and you should too. Seasoned traders understand the concept of using futures to hedge or “insure” an existing position. If you own any Ether at all, you owe it to yourself to understand this concept too. As an example, let’s say you think Ether prices will be falling in the near term and want to protect your existing position (i.e., the Ether you are already holding) against a price drop, you can sell — or go short — Nano Ether futures. This short futures position would increase in value as the underlying Ether position decreases in value. So, the Ether contracts you sold, are acting as insurance. Pretty cool, right?
- Futures traders use leverage to their advantage. Futures are traded on margin, which in essence is borrowed capital. This boosts your buying power, allowing you to trade larger positions with a smaller outlay of cash. Getting the picture here? That’s why futures traders love leverage.
- When you’re trading, who’s watching your back? So, here’s a reality check — The buying and selling of the actual Ether asset, or any cryptocurrency for that matter, is not regulated. It does not take place in a regulated marketplace or on a regulated exchange. However, Nano Ether futures is a regulated product trading on a regulated exchange and has the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) “watching the store”. The CFTC has been overseeing futures trading, among other things, for nearly 50 years. The organization’s goals include the promotion of competitive and efficient markets and the protection of investors against manipulation, abusive trade practices, and fraud.
- All Traders See the Same Price — Period. Price discovery is generally regarded as the central function to an efficient marketplace. But what is Price discovery? Defined, it is the act of determining a fair price for an asset or commodity. Anything that trades on decentralized exchanges is unable to offer this transparency. On the other hand, centralized and regulated futures markets are by nature transparent and provide the same bid and ask prices simultaneously to all market participants across the globe. Everyone trading Nano Ether futures is on a level playing field.
- Futures trading means “segregated funds”. In other words, your money is secure. — As we mentioned earlier, the trading of Nano Ether futures is regulated by the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), which has been overseeing futures trading for more than 50 years. This means that not only is Nano Ether futures is a regulated product trading on a regulated exchange, known as Coinbase Derivatives; but there are also additional regulatory requirements designed to protect the futures trader. One of the most important is the fact that CFTC regulations require customer monies be segregated, or in other words, kept in a separate account, from the futures broker’s monies or positions. This segregation provides additional measures of security regarding client funds.
Trade Nano Ether Futures with NinjaTrader
If you are already trading futures and have a desire to test the waters in crypto speculation, Nano Ether futures may be just what you need to dive in. Open your NinjaTrader futures account and start trading Nano Ether futures commission-free and with margins as low as $25 per contract.
NinjaTrader supports more than 500,000 traders worldwide with a powerful and user-friendly trading platform, deep discount commissions and world-class support. NinjaTrader is always free to use for advanced charting, strategy backtesting and risk-free trade simulation.
*Exchange, clearing and NFA fees still apply.