FOMC Announcement — Impact on Domestic & Global Markets
The Federal Open Market Committee, or FOMC, is a branch of the Federal Reserve System, responsible for determining the direction of monetary policy here in the United States. The FOMC holds eight regularly scheduled meetings during the year, and June 15th is an FOMC meeting day.
Watch NinjaTrader’s Jim Cagnina and special guest Jim Iuorio discuss FOMC day, what might be expected from the markets in response, and potential implications for the retail trader.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding the tools used by the Fed to drive monetary policy
- Open Market Operations
- The Discount Rate
- Reserve Requirements
- Discussing the rumored .75 percentage point rate hike, which would be the largest since 1994.
- Discussing the European Central Bank’s morning announcement of an emergency meeting.
- What happens with Stocks as a result of the Fed’s decision?
- How domestic and global inflation may be influencing the actions of the Fed?
- Global inflation, the Fed’s actions, and foreign currencies with a look at the British Pound’s recent price action versus the U.S. Dollar.
Ready for More?
Join NinjaTrader’s daily livestream events as we prepare, analyze and trade the futures markets in real-time. View Upcoming Events
Get Started with NinjaTrader
NinjaTrader supports more than 500,000 traders worldwide with a powerful and user-friendly trading platform, discount futures brokerage and world-class support. NinjaTrader is always free to use for advanced charting & strategy backtesting through an immersive trading simulator.
Download NinjaTrader’s award-winning trading platform and get started with a free trading demo with real-time market data today!