Analyzing the Jobs Market and Employment Situation Report
The Employment Situation report published on February 3, 2023 moved markets with an unusually big beat, with 517,000 jobs created in January alone. With such an impressive start to the year, you may be asking yourself, “How does the employment situation report affect the financial market? How does this jobs report line up with a lower labor participation rate? How does the Fed view the labor market overall?” Read more.
Breaking Down the Employment Situation Report
In this week’s episode of See the Futures, we discuss the effects of Boomers retiring and the COVID pandemic on the labor participation rate. We also discuss the lagging nature of economic numbers and how Fed actions can obscure the overall picture of the state of the economy in real time.
Additional topics covered in the livestream include:
· An analysis of Chair Powell’s choice of words and how they can move the market
· An assessment of yield curve inversion and its use as a recession predictor
· A look at other economic factors (GDP, labor market, CME Fed Funds rate tool) predicting a possible recession
· An opinion on central banks buying physical gold affecting gold prices
· Charting and price analysis of 2-year yield, E-Mini S&P, gold and Euro FX futures
Ready for More?
Join NinjaTrader’s daily livestream events as we prepare, analyze, and trade the futures markets in real-time. View Upcoming Events
Get Started with NinjaTrader
NinjaTrader supports more than 500,000 traders worldwide with a powerful and user-friendly trading platform, discount futures brokerage and world-class support. NinjaTrader is always free to use for advanced charting and strategy backtesting through an immersive trading simulator.
Download NinjaTrader’s award-winning trading platform and get started with a free trading demo with real-time market data today!